With Overseas Rehabilitation Care, Stroke Rehabilitation in India is now available at the best stroke rehabilitation centers in India which not only provide quality treatment but offer physiotherapy rehabilitation at a cost much lesser than what it costs in the western world.
Post Stroke Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation in India
- The symptoms of stroke appear suddenly and often more than one symptom appears at the same time. Some of the warning signs of stroke are:
- Sudden numbness, weakness or paralysis of the face, arm or leg, especially on half side of the body
- Trouble with walking
- Sudden trouble with speaking and understanding
- Sudden severe headache with no cause
- Trouble with seeing in one or both eyes
- Stroke is a medical emergency and prompt treatment helps in minimizing brain damage and potential complications.
- The type or degrees of impairment or disability after stroke depends upon which area of brain is damaged and how much of it is damaged. Some of the commonly seen impairments of stroke are:
- Sensory disturbances including pain
- Motor deficits which may involve – tone alterations, abnormal reflexes, abnormal synergy patterns, paresis and altered muscle activation patterns, motor programming deficits
- Visual deficits
- Problems using or understanding language
- Problems with thinking and memory
- Emotional disturbances
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction
- In order to determine the most appropriate treatment for stroke and rule out other possible causes of the symptoms, such as brain tumor or a drug reaction, following are the tests that may be done to determine the risk of stroke:
- Physical Examination
- Blood tests
- MRI brain
- CT scan
- Cerebral angiogram
- Carotid ultrasound
Emergency treatment for stroke depends upon whether the patient has suffered an ischaemic or haemmorhagic stroke. However, the line of treatment in both the two involves – medications, surgical procedures, lifestyle changes and stroke rehabilitation.
After stroke, the time taken for recovery varies among different patients and is highly dependent upon the treatment given, severity of stroke at the onset, type of stroke and age of the patient. Younger patients with milder stoke and non-haemorrhagic stroke relatively recover faster than older patients. Patients who are not given any specific therapy may require weeks to months to recover.
It is seen that majority of improvements occur within first month of stroke and significant improvement continues to be seen during next three to six months. Some slow improvements are expected beyond the period of six months.
Stroke Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Programs
- Acute stroke rehabilitation programs
- Sub-acute phase rehabilitation programs
- Long-term stroke management programs
- Home health rehabilitation programs
OVERSEAS REHABILITATION CARE (ORC) is the most trusted provider of stroke physiotherapy in India in association with best rehabilitation experts. Our core team of rehabilitation experts has physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists working under one roof with the aim of providing physiotherapy rehabilitation at the best stroke rehabilitation centers in India at highly affordable costs.
At OVERSEAS REHABILITATION CARE (ORC) associated clinics, our aim is to provide holistic rehabilitation for paralysis treatment in India and provide customized rehabilitation plan or individualized post stroke management plan for each patient.
Our stroke rehabilitation program helps in:
- Treating basic condition including disability and preventing complications
- Improving function
- Providing adaptive tools and modifying the environment
- Helping the patient and family adapt to lifestyle changes
We, as rehabilitation team work together and aim to provide complete care and rehabilitation to stroke patients so as to help them:
- Restore physical function and improve skills required to perform activities of daily living.
- Improve balance, regain strength and mobility
- Prevent bed sores in initial stages
- Maintain and improve physical abilities
- Prevent physical problems which may occur due to muscle tightness and immobility.
- Improve swallowing and speech
- Restore maximum independence and help patient realize his greatest potential
3 Easy steps to FREE opinion and treatment advice from the best rehabilitation
experts in India:
Step1– Send us your latest medical reports at email@example.com for a free consult with the best rehabilitation experts in India..
Step2– Our case manager will get back to you with a free opinion and cost estimates from our rehabilitation experts
within 48 hours.
Step3– Overseas Rehabilitation Care(ORC) will help you plan and facilitate your treatment, stay, travel within India
and all your appointments with our rehab experts in India.