Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation is the branch of rehabilitation which is dedicated to improving the cardiovascular & respiratory health of patients.
Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation can be divided into Cardiovascular Rehab & Pulmonary Rehab. Whereas, Cardiovascular Rehabilitation helps patients with heart disease or who are at a risk of developing one and improves their overall health. It also improves the emotional and mental health of patients after a traumatic cardiac disease. The Pulmonary Rehab on the other hand helps patients with lung disease improve their health by increasing awareness of their lungs thereby improving overall pulmonary function. Pulmonary rehab is highly beneficial for patients with a lung disease such as COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease).
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation involves use of sophisticated technology and equipment as well as skilled hands which when made available at the best cardiac rehabilitation centres in India provide seamless cardiac rehabilitation in India.
Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy And Rehabilitation
At OVERSEAS REHABILITATION CARE (ORC) associated best cardiac rehabilitation centres in India, the team of Physical & Rehabilitation therapists provides individualized treatment approach for treating a number of cardiopulmonary conditions with the help of exercises and education. The therapists use Chest Physical Therapy & techniques of Postural drainage to control symptoms and activities of daily living and breathing. Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation deals with a number of cardiac and pulmonary conditions including:
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery angioplasty or stents
- Open heart surgery such as coronary bypass or valve surgery
- Angina pectoris
- Heart transplantation
- Heart failure
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pre/Post Thoracotomy
- Thoracic Cage Abnormalities
- Lung Cancer
Cardiac rehabilitation availed at the best cardiac rehabilitation centres in India has a significant effect on the lives of people suffering from cardiac and lung diseases. Some of the expected outcomes of Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy include:
- Control of symptoms
- Improved Exercise Tolerance
- Improvement in lipid and lipoprotein levels
- Reduction in smoking
- Control of excessive body weight
- Improvement in social adjustment & functioning
- Reduced mortality
- Improved pulmonary function
At ORC, we offer a unified program combining cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs to ensure comprehensive cardiopulmonary care to patients. Though each program is specifically designed for each individual, however each program is very dexterously planned by the rehabilitation professionals by cross training and combining the knowledge of the staff.
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation programs executed at the best cardiac rehabilitation centres in India bring out remarkable improvements in the lives of the patients by decreasing the risk of occurrence of cardiac diseases, increasing the endurance and strength thereby improving their well-being and self-confidence. The Pulmonary Rehabilitation programs likewise manage the respiratory diseases and enable patients to manage the disease, perform activities efficiently and less tired while breathing.
The principle goals of Cardiac Rehabilitation program at the best cardiac rehabilitation centres in India are:
- Limit the risk of heart diseases and their psychological as well as pathophysiological effects
- Curtail the risks of re-infarction and sudden death
- Improve cardiac condition and reduce symptom.
- Incorporate education, training, altering risk factors and counseling patients to reduce and reverse atherosclerosis
- Promoting successful rehabilitation of patients to reintegrate them into their families and promote independence
- To improve condition by reducing symptoms, minimizing disability, enhancing Quality of Life (QOL) and promoting independence in people with chronic respiratory disease
- Educating both patient and family by giving them exercise and training programs by promoting their psychosocial and behavioral well-being
- Providing a multi-disciplinary approach of treatment by addressing their unique problems and giving them individualized programs
3 Easy steps to FREE opinion and treatment advice from the best rehabilitation
experts in India:
Step1– Send us your latest medical reports at for a free consult with the best rehabilitation experts in India.
Step2– Our case manager will get back to you with a free opinion and cost estimates from our rehabilitation experts
within 48 hours.
Step3– Overseas Rehabilitation Care(ORC) will help you plan and facilitate your treatment, stay, travel within India
and all your appointments with our rehab experts in India.